Monday, September 26, 2005

My First-Month-At-Drew ABC’s

A is for my Apologies for not posting more frequently!
B is for letting Melissa and her housemates Borrow my television and in turn let me Borrow their cable on Sunday afternoons for Patriots games.
C is for Cliff Ives and Grace Bartlett, the new wonderful interim pastors at my home church.
D is for Dana Fewell, the brilliant professor of my Intro to Old Testament Class, who has inspired, challenged, and stimulated me more than any other professor during the first month at Drew.
E is for all the wonderful E-mails I’ve received from people back home.
F is for Farrah Willis, Natalie Finch, Sara Wastella, Matt Goode, Matt Goad, Beth Underwood, Sister Shane, Susan, and all the other wonderful classmates I have met so far.
G is for Grace Episcopal Church, the church that I plan to attend for the next year.
H is for my Homes in Amesbury, MA and in Augusta, ME, both of which I miss greatly.
I is for the Incompetent Drew administration, which seems to find new creative ways to make its students lives unnecessarily annoying every day.
J is for Jonah, the great satiric book of the Bible, featuring a suicidal, unenthusiastic, yet wildly successful runaway prophet.
K is for Koine Greek (common Greek), which is the Greek used in the New Testament. This is the equivalent of common American speech. So, when we think Paul is “sending greetings”, what he’s really saying is “Yo! Waz’ up dog?”
L is for Melissa’s Lame suggestion for this letter, namely “L is for how much I like seminary!”
M is for Melissa Yosua, my best friend, significant other, and fellow seminarian, who has made my experience so much more fulfilling then it would have been otherwise
N is for New Jersey, the state where everyone needs to return to driver’s ed.
O is for Ocean Grove, where I had a wonderful retreat after the first week of school.
P is for all the Pressing responsibilities that I no longer have!
Q is for all the Quiet times I’ve been able to find in the midst of my easier-than-normal schedule.
R is for the blessing of Rest, which this workaholic-in-recovery if finally finding.
S is for Professor Seesengood, my witty New Testament Greek teacher.
T is for the Two weeks between now and when I get to return home (both of them!).
U is for the Ups and downs of the first month of school as I’ve tried to find my feet and get into a routine.
V is for Verizon, which has yet to turn on the internet in my house.
W is for the quiet ten minutes it takes me to Walk to campus from my house.
X is for how eXtremely contrived this list is becoming as I’m running out of letters.
Y is for Yung-Tek Bae, my Korean housemate and Brother in Christ, who is a wonderful seminarian and will be a wonderful minister of the Gospel.
Z is for the Zillion and a half vocabulary words that I have to memorize for Greek this week.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A is for how sometimes you're so Annoying...
B is for "You Bum!"
C is for "Crap, you beat me at Cribbage..." (or C is for being my Conscience when we go shopping...)
.
.
.
J is for how much Jesus loves you (then again, he loves everyone...)
K is for how much I want to Kill you sometimes (there's another "K" word that will work here... ;-) )
L is for how much I Like you anyway!
.
.
.
Hmmm, perhaps I should finish this list sometime...this was fun! ;-)

Anonymous said...

A is for "about time you posted!"
B is for *I'll agree with Melissa this time "You Bum!"
C is for Come online sometime will ya!?
D is for did you remember you cant work Monday afternoon?
E is for everyone misses you
F is for feeling foolish doing this
G is for the greetings I send
H is for the hello as part of the greeting
I is for - I dont know
J is for just hoping you'll reply
K is for who you should reply to - KRISTEN
L is for Laughing which we do when we talk sometimes
M is for missing our conversations
N is for neglecting to write emails/letters so you can write back
O is for "O gosh I cant think of anything"
P is for pooped - thats how I feel
Q is for the Quiet times you're getting by not being on here
R is for the Rest I'm glad you're getting
S is for the Sleep you are probably catching up on
T is for the Thanks I give for your friendship
U is for being unable to think of something better for this line
V is for being Very happy she is close to the end of the alphabet
W is for wonderful things he taught her about God and worship
X is for xylaphone... yeah I know it menas nothing
Y is for Yes its almost over
Z is for Zonking which I should do... na night


*dont you love the fact that you didnt know who it was until you got to K?*

kt said...

haha, this is great. Sorry I haven't written yet, I am having compy troubles of my own. But happy to hear that other than little Drew irritations you are doing well : )