Friday, May 25, 2007

5/24-5/25 Gen X/Y

A quick post today, I'll try to post again tonight, once everything wraps up. What a fantastic conference! Doug and Tim are absolutely fantastic and this event has provided a great deal of clarity for me as I continue with my discernment process about church planting.

A few quotes that I've cut and pasted from my notes (and then off to lunch):

“We have detached our imagination from our faith”- Tim Keel

“Our brand of Christianity has been hard on faith because faith involves imagination, dreaming and seeing things that…we had before not been able to see.” - Tim Keel

“I don’t think there’s a more exciting time to be alive than today. I think that for the past millennium and a half, the church has power…Now, for the first time ever, we’re contesting what it means to be Christian in the world.”- Tim Keel

“We need a broader narrative about what God’s doing in the world that’s not differentiated by sacred and secular.”- Tim Keel

2 comments:

DogBlogger said...

It was great meeting you, Ben!

(And I don't care what Doug Pagitt says about it, he is easily classified as how you described him follically. Doug, if you're reading this, accept the truth, friend...it will set you free.)

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Ben! Hope the monitor gets fixed soon. I'm sad to hear that you didn't mention anything about your totally awesome conference roomie...
Peace,
CB