Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Run of the Mill Blog Post

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the past few weeks. Two weeks ago I was coordinating Orientation for about 75 eager incoming first years- it went extremely well, although it was a lot of work, and I am still catching up on lost sleep!

Last week was the first of classes. For all of you who are curious, I am taking Systematic Theology (which looks to be fun and stimulating), Supervised Ministry (which is a six credit course masquerading as a three credit course, a fact that might have been helpful to tell us BEFORE we enrolled), Preaching (the jury’s out on this one), and United Methodist History (taught by the delightful Dr. Kenneth Rowe, who taught my parents United Methodist history when they were at Drew).

In other news, I had my first Sunday at my supervised ministry, which is a multi site church: one site (Trinity UMC) is a small church, much like what you’d find all across New England, and the other (Monroe Community Church) is a new church start. So far so good- I managed to successfully read scripture and be social without any serious mistakes J

That’s it for now; I’m beginning to realize that I can’t simply wait to post when I have a good idea and/or time to develop a really insightful post…so, for all of you disappointed readers, brilliance will have to wait for another time, and in lieu, you just have this simple update.

P.S. In case you were wondering, yes, I did have this on my to-do list, and yes my brother did harass me about posting when we talked tonight.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that brilliant revelations are sometimes realised in the daily work of the Lord. We wish you the very best in your continued studies and are hopefully helping to live out the mark you have left on our church here GSUMC. Prayers and best wishes from the Caron family. I love to peek in once in a while to see your progress.
Blessing Rob C.