Saturday, March 25, 2006

An Ode to ShopRite

An Ode to Shop-Rite

For those looking for those weird, utterly irrelevant details that fill out the picture of the life of a poor Drew seminary student, here you go.

I love Shop-Rite.

To explain: I have been shopping in the high warehouse ceilinged, wide aisled, beautifully antiseptic grocery store commonly called Shop and Stop, contentedly wasting my money paying $4.50/lb for chicken and hamburger and dealing with their mystery bread (the bread isn’t a mystery, but finding the prices is.)

Then I discovered Shop Rite, the low ceilinged, narrowed aisled, low priced claustrophic’s nightmare and a miser’s dream. I probably saved 20% on my groceries today. I feel like Christmas has come again.

Thank you God for bestowing upon us Shop-Rite, your special gift to poor seminary students across New Jersey!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hahaha....you're too cute ;-)